Everything works on this beautiful 1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible. It has very few flaws or warts, which are described in detail in this listing, but the great news is it's ready for a new owner. It's a great driver for everyday use, and for car shows on the weekends.
So, what's wrong? Not too much. The windshield washers need new hoses and the nozzles are plugged.
The liquid crystal display for the A/C temperature display is faded and hard to read. The controls work correctly.
The cover over the convenience outlet, where I plug in my cell phone charger, is loose. I tried to fix it, but I guess I do not have the required skill.
Now here's what is right. Everything else. Baby Blue, the car's nickname, has fresh paint and ice cold A/C, which is critical in Florida. All electronics operate properly. The power convertible top works great, and the top is in great condition. The power windows, door locks, cruise control, power suspension, power outside mirrors, and power seats with 2-memories are all working as when brand new. Even the clock works and keeps accurate time.
Over the years, I have replaced the harmonizer, tensioneers, ABS module, fuel tank float, water hoses, battery, brakes, and most everything else.
Baby Blue would be a fabulous gift to your graduating daughter, your bride, or your mom. It's really not a guy color, but it always gets positive comments from all the ladies in shopping malls, restaurants, and even the supermarket.
This has always been a FLORIDA CAR, and there is absolutely ZERO RUST.
So, if you're in a generous mood, consider this car as a best gift ever, even if it's a present to yourself.
I am a private seller, so there is no sales tax or dealer preparation fee. Please recognize dealers add from $200 to $400 for each sale to cover documentation, which is a method to increase their profit.
If you have questions, or want to discuss unique arrangements, feel free to contact me.
You can drive this car across town or across country without any worries. If you are an International buyer, you pay for shipping and I will help you with vehicle preparation and loading.
Vehicle has had no accidents, or title flaws. An independent vehicle history AutoCheck review is available just for asking.
Send all questions, comments, or any other inquiry to me.
Over 4,000 pages of digital workshop and electrical manuals included with sale.
Top Level Specifications:
Engine: 4.0 L V8
Horsepower: 290 hp @ 6100 rpm
Torque: 284 ft-lbs @ 4200 rpm
Body Type: Convertible
Dimensions: 187 x 72 x 51
Curb Weight: 3,867 lbs.
Fuel tank Capacity: 20 gallons
Cargo Volume: 9.5 cu. ft.
Wheelbase: 101.9 in.
Fuel System: Indirect Injection
Charge System: Naturally Aspirated
Valves per Cylinder: 4
Power Locks, Windows, Seats, Steering, Brakes, Mirrors, Convertible Top, A/C, Headlight Washers, Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Rims, ABS, Cruise Control, Jaguar Radio, Jaguar Clock, Suspension, and more.
OK. Here's the rest. All the features the car was born with:
• 2-speed variable intermittent windshield wipers-inc: single wipe, arm-mounted washers w/drip-wipe feature
• Body-color front/rear wraparound bumpers
• Body-color protective body-side moldings
• Body-color power heated door mirrors
• Forward-hinged hood
• Front/rear fog lamps
• Fully-lined power convertible top w/heated glass rear window
• 2 + 2 seating
• 2-position memory w/personalized remote activation-inc: door mirrors, driver seat, steering column
• 3-channel integrated garage door/entry gate opener – does not work
• Automatic climate control air conditioning
• Central locking doors/trunk/fuel-filler door w/remote driver-only unlock, automatic drive-away locking feature
• Connolly leather-trimmed interior
• Curb illumination door lamps
• Dual illuminated sun visors w/map lights
• Electro chromic rearview mirror
• Lockable glove box
• Multi-adjustable power front seats w/ power lumbar support
• Outside temp indicator
• Premium audio system
• power tilt/telescopic wood/leather steering wheel w/automatic tilt-away
• power windows w/driver/passenger one-touch down
• Remote trunk release
• Retractable cup holders
• Speed control
• Sunglass storage compartment
• Trip computer
• Vehicle security system
• Walnut trim/gearshift knob
• 102" wheelbase
• 17" x 8" 5-spoke alloy (Sport style) wheels
• 19.9 gallon fuel tank
• 3.06 axle ratio
• 4.0L (244) DOHC SFI 32-valve V8 aluminum alloy (290-HP) engine
• 4-wheel anti-lock braking system
• Automatic Stability Control-inc: engine intervention, shutoff switch
• Electronic ignition
• Electronically-controlled 5-speed automatic transmission w/OD, normal & sport shift modes
• Full size spare tire w/aluminum alloy wheel
• Fully independent front suspension w/unequal-length wishbones, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, anti-roll bar, anti-dive geometry
• Fully independent rear suspension w/double wishbones, drive shafts acting as upper links, coil springs, anti-roll bar, anti-lift/anti-squat geometry
• P245/50ZR17 SBR tires
• Rear wheel drive
• Speed-sensitive variable-ratio power rack & pinion steering
• Unibody construction
• Vacuum-assisted power 4-wheel vented disc brakes w/fluid loss warning sensor
• Automatic Stability Control
• Child seat safety belt locking
• Driver & front passenger air bags
• Seat belt pre-tensioners